Random Wire Art

Scrapbooking. Embellishments. Wire. Art. Lettering. Hobby. Hobbies. Rubber Stamping.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Alphabet: W...X...Y...and Z.

W is also pretty straight forward.  This particular one kind of reminds me of the Walgreens W.  With the letter X, there is a tendency to want to start the lower-case X at the bottom.  You CAN do it that way, but it makes the top part of the letter a bit "heavy" since you have to double crimp upwards.  With both upper- and lower-case X, I start from the top.  Half way down, I crimp upwards.  When I come back down on top of itself, I go twice the length.  Then I crimp back upwards under itself, until I get back to the cross section.  And, finally, Z.  I'm not a huge fan of the capital cursive Z, so I tend to use the one pictured...but that's just personal preference.  As you play with all of this, you eventually develop your own style and "fonts".

If anyone has suggestions on how to improve the lettering, or if you have fun pictures of your own projects, please DO share.

Enjoy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home